Sunrise, Biddeford pool, 5 days ago, Beauty on a frigid January morning
- Week 1 of Heart and Soul with Olga Furman. Great practice with portraits this week, honestly quite frustrating at times. Sunday i sketched the people on the talk shows, only paused it a few times. they actually look somewhat like the real people ))) and i pushed myself to move more quickly. this is progress for me.
- 3 panels, 12×16″, showing the effect of pause or rest in the composition; as in life, most of us need pauses no matter the stimulation. Tremendous benefit. try it.
- The Noah Webster Dictionary from 1940, a 5×4″ “Handy Edition”. I love the Reference material at the end. Correct English, rules for punctuation, and Mythological and classical names caught by attention this morning.
- who knew Marsyas, God of nature, was flayed alive. For competing with Apollo, on the flute????
- Inspiration for 3 panel piece on Pausing
- Painted pages, Sarah Ahearn
- Alphabetica, Lyyne Perrella
- Relaxing breathing technique and Presence
- Classical stretch, PBS, Miranda White, Feels Wonderful!
When looking for sunrise photo, saw this NY Times headline from 2012,
The idea to write one love letter every month popped into my mind! not sure, would it be to my self? It is a chance to practice self compassion, an active and honest self care behavior that increases self confidence. Self compassion is: Mindfulness, self-kindness instead of self-judgements, and widening our lens to see our self as ‘like’ other people in that others suffer too.
From Kristin Neff’s Website:
We cannot ignore our pain and feel compassion for it at the same time
When confronted with personal failings….You may try to change in ways that allow you to be more healthy and happy, but this is done because you care about yourself, not because you are worthless or unacceptable as you are.
If you want more info on Kristin Neff and self-compassion click here